This building in Memphis was demolished in 1939.
The Central Baptist Church was organized December 3, 1865, at the First Church, standing at the corner of Adams and Second Streets. A considerable number of members of the First Baptist Church, however, lived toward the south end of the city, and it was inconvenient for them to attend their own church. After consulting with old members of the Beale Street Church, a new organization was effected and named the Central Church, composed of forty-three members of Beale Street Church and seventy-five of First Church. The Beale Street Church conveyed their lot to the new organization, and the First Church allowed its retiring members $10,000, as their share of the property.